10.19.2010

The Beginning

Jelly Bean-


You are the reason for starting this blog. I want to write letters to you, and share my biggest fears, secrets, passions, etc with you. I want to document every moment with you. Whether it's a funny story, or a picture of you; I want it all to be saved somewhere so that someday you can read this. And you can learn about me and dad.


We're excited to meet you, but we're also very nervous. Dad especially. Everytime I tell him how much closer it is to you being here with us, he almost has a panic attack. But he'll be the BEST dad ever. You'll go to baseball games with him, and he'll teach you how to throw, and he'll support you in anything you choose to do. And I can't wait to smell you, because you'll always smell fabulous. And I keep telling everyone that you're going to be a fashionista because we are getting the cutest clothes for you. Also, I've given you permission to be a little bit of a diva, but we'll see how long that lasts.


I know that it's not your fault, but you've made it so that I'm pretty emotional lately. Especially the past few months. But it is so worth it. This has all been worth it. We get to feel you kick, and I know that you kick more when my belly is covered up either by a blanket or you're under my desk at work. You like being warm, and you like being in the dark. You always kick harder on the side I'm laying on when we climb into bed. I know we haven't even met yet, but I know that you're perfect.


This is going to be a real journey, and a test, as dad and I learn how to raise you. At times it will be hard, and other times we'll feel like we're on top of the world! But in the end, all that matters is that we have each other and that's all we need.


Love,


Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment